A production manager with TVB told the District Court on Monday that no major editing was done to the news video footage that showed Civic Party member and pro-democracy activist, Ken Tsang, being beaten up by seven unidentified police officers.
Wong Kwong-hoi was giving evidence at the trial of the officers who are accused of causing grievous bodily harm to Tsang with intent. One of them is also accused of assaulting him. The offences were allegedly committed during the Occupy protests in 2014.
Wong said that about 20 to 30 seconds of footage had been removed from the raw clip before it was aired, because during that period of time, the camera's view was temporarily blocked by a vehicle.
He said apart from that, the footage had not been subject to other editing.
Defence lawyers are challenging the admissibility of the video footage as evidence, raising doubts about its authenticity.