KMB on Monday promised Tai Po district councillors that they will complete a probe into Saturday's fatal bus accident within a week.
Representatives of the bus operators, who attended an urgent meeting convened by the Tai Po councillors, once again apologised for the bus crash that killed 19 people and injured dozens.
Five KMB representatives bowed twice at the start of the District Council meeting to express their apology to those who had been affected by the crash.
Speaking to the councillors, the managing director of the bus company, Roger Lee, said that the firm will not shy away from compensating the victims of the accident.
He said because an investigation is now underway, the company will refrain from commenting on who should be blamed for the accident.
However, Lee stressed that KMB will review its current staffing, safety and routing arrangements, and do what it takes to prevent a repeat of the tragedy.
District councillors urged the government to keep a closer eye on KMB's operations, with some suggesting the Transport Department and the police ought to vet people applying for jobs as bus drivers.
Others said only single-decker buses should be allowed to serve routes which go along hilly terrain, and they called for seatbelts to be fitted to every seat.
The Commissioner for Transport, Mabel Chan, said the authorities will explore these ideas and will also look at whether road design in the area needs to be improved.
She added that her department will closely follow up on the findings of an independent inquiry conducted by the government.
"The relevant government departments will support the review committee's work and we hope that the overall bus safety will be enhanced", Chan said.
Earlier those who who attended the meeting observed a minute of silence to mourn the dead.