A pro-Hong Kong independence party said on Wednesday that it has submitted an appeal against the government's ban of the group.
Chan Ho-tin, who was the convenor of the Hong Kong National Party, wrote in a short Whatsapp message that he's asking the Chief Executive Carrie Lam and eight other Executive Council members to withdraw from discussions when handling the appeal.
He said that's because the nine of them, including Lam, had previously commented on the matter.
Security Secretary John Lee, Education Secretary Kevin Yeung, Exco convenor Bernard Chan, lawmakers Regina Ip, Wong Kwok-kin, Kenneth Lau and Horace Cheung, as well as executive councillor Ronny Tong had also made comments on the subject.
But Chan refused to disclose more details of his appeal to the media.
Earlier, Lee said the authorities would handle any appeal according to legal proceedings.
In September, the government banned the party based on the Societies Ordinance, citing national security and public safety concerns.
Under the ordinance, the party had 30 days to lodge an appeal to the Chief Executive in Council, and Wednesday was the deadline.
Last updated: 2018-10-24 HKT 19:50
Hong Kong National Party appeals against ban
2018-10-24 HKT 18:56
2019-01-14 HKT 11:27
2018-10-26 HKT 12:19
2018-10-26 HKT 09:58
2018-10-25 HKT 18:22
2018-10-02 HKT 12:07
2018-09-27 HKT 17:07
2018-09-25 HKT 23:30
2018-09-25 HKT 18:26
2018-09-25 HKT 17:23
2018-09-25 HKT 11:41
2018-09-24 HKT 17:43
2018-09-24 HKT 12:45
2018-09-24 HKT 09:28
2018-09-14 HKT 11:35