Macau hotel locked down over Covid scare - RTHK
A A A
Temperature Humidity
News Archive Can search within past 12 months

Macau hotel locked down over Covid scare

2022-06-21 HKT 17:37
Share this story facebook
  • Macau hotel locked down over Covid scare
A hotel in Macau was locked down on Tuesday in view of the emergence of Covid-19 cases there.

Some 700 people are reported to be inside the Fortuna Hotel.

Authorities said those under lock down will be required to do three PCR tests and four rapid antigen tests in the coming week.

Footage obtained by broadcaster TDM showed police officers in protective gear sealing off the hotel to prevent people from entering or leaving.

The latest move comes as the SAR wrapped up a two-day mass testing of its more than 600,000 population.

There were 49 confirmed infections at the last count.

Officials said the infected people came mainly from two clusters, involving 28 foreign workers and 19 prison staff.

They added that they are following up on over 1,500 people who had been in contact with these patients.

The Macau government announced that all non-emergency departments will be closed until Friday, as officials repeated their appeal to residents to avoid going out.