The Lands Department and the Buildings Department on Monday said they have identified unauthorised structures at another luxury home at the Redhill Peninsula in Tai Tam, bringing the total number of problematic houses so far to 71.
Speaking to reporters after inspecting the luxury home, the inspectors said they will issue a removal order to the homeowner.
The officials added that they have received permission from another six homeowners to enter their buildings – after the inspectors tried, but failed, to enter 10 homes there last week.
"As for the three homeowners who haven't got in touch with us, we will ask the court for a warrant to search their houses. We urge these owners to contact our inspectors as soon as possible, so that we can enter their homes for an inspection," chief building surveyor Keith Ko said.
Ko added that the authorities will kick off the second phase of inspection works and look at another 89 homes near the coastline.
The illegal structures came to light following a landslide on September 8 that was triggered by a massive rainstorm that wreaked havoc across Hong Kong for many hours.