Police on Wednesday said they had charged a 39-year-old expatriate engineer with one count of manslaughter, in relation to an industrial accident in 2017.
In March of that year, a temporary working platform beneath the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge collapsed, leading to the deaths of two men, aged 22 and 40, and injuring three others.
Police said the engineer, who had been hired by a contractor during the construction period, left Hong Kong after the incident.
He was arrested on Tuesday at Hong Kong International Airport.
The case will be mentioned in Sha Tin Magistrates Court on Thursday morning.