The school of a teen protester who was shot by the police last week, said on Saturday that they have no plan to expel the 18-year-old.
Ho Chuen Yuen Memorial College in Tsuen Wan said in a statement that the injured pupil was just a teen and hoped "everyone would respect him and give him another chance".
The school management committee said that it understands that many young people care about the current situation and hopes to actively participate in Hong Kong affairs. But the committee said it is very concerned about the safety of its students.
The letter also said the it does not condone violence by anyone, protesters or police and urged all sides to maintain restraint.
The school said as the case of the injured teen is before the courts, they are not able to comment more on this.
Soon after the teen was shot, former Chief Executive CY Leung has posted a social media comment criticising the school and implying that the student should be expelled to prevent "polluting others".