A man visiting Hong Kong from Australia has become one of the first people to be quarantined in the SAR over the Wuhan virus outbreak, after staying at the same hotel as a local man confirmed to have the new illness.
The visitor was taken in a government vehicle to a quarantine centre set up at the Lady MacLehose Holiday Village in Sai Kung.
He told reporters he did not feel sick. "I feel so good right now," he said.
Asked whether he had been told the reason why he was being placed in isolation, he said: "I have no idea why. I was just living in the hotel."
The man said he had been staying at the Alva Hotel by Royal, in Sha Tin, for the past two days.
A Hong Kong man had checked himself into the same hotel on Monday, a day after he went to Prince of Wales Hospital feeling unwell, only to be turned away because he did not have a fever.
This 56-year-old man, who had recently been to Wuhan, was later diagnosed as having the new deadly virus.
Earlier in the day, health officials said three people who had come into close contact with the city's two confirmed virus patients were being quarantined, including two medical workers.