CHP confirms 13th case of Wuhan virus in Hong Kong - RTHK
A A A
Temperature Humidity
News Archive Can search within past 12 months

CHP confirms 13th case of Wuhan virus in Hong Kong

2020-02-01 HKT 02:16
Share this story facebook
  • The Centre for Health Protection said the patient is a 39-year-old man, who had been to Wuhan on the high-speed train. Photo: RTHK
    The Centre for Health Protection said the patient is a 39-year-old man, who had been to Wuhan on the high-speed train. Photo: RTHK
The Department of Health's Centre for Health Protection on Friday said another person had tested positive for the new Wuhan coronavirus in Hong Kong, taking the number of confirmed cases here to 13.

The patient is a 39-year-old man, with an underlying illness, who lives in Whampoa Garden. He began having muscle pain last Wednesday and went down with a fever on Friday. He sought treatment at Queen Elizabeth Hospital and is now in isolation there. He is in a stable condition.

The man had taken the high-speed train from Hong Kong to Wuhan (G306) on January 21 and from Changshanan to Hong Kong (G79) on January 23.

The CHP said he hadn't visited any health care facilities, wet markets or seafood markets, nor had any exposure to wild animals during the incubation period.

His mother, wife, daughter, son and domestic helper don't have any symptoms but will be sent into quarantine.

The centre also said that for the 12th case, which was confirmed on Thursday, its investigations show that a male taxi driver should be regarded as a close contact. It called on the driver - who had driven the 75-year-old male patient and his wife from the junction at the bus stop outside Hong Shun Building, Cheung Hong Estate in Tsing Yi to Princess Margaret Hospital at around 3.15pm to 3.30 pm on January 24 - to phone the CHP's hotline on 2125 1122.