Art Basel has called off its annual Hong Kong fair, the latest major event to fall victim to the coronavirus outbreak that has killed more than 600 people on the mainland.
The annual event, one of Asia's leading arts festivals, drew more than 80,000 people to the Convention and Exhibition Centre in Wan Chai last year. This year's event had been due to take place from March 19 to 21.
Organisers said they had explored "every other possible option" before deciding on cancellation.
"Unfortunately, the sudden outbreak and rapid spread of the novel coronavirus radically changed the situation," said Marc Spiegler, Art Basel's global director.
Adeline Ooi, Art Basel's Asia director, said: "Our commitment to Asia and Hong Kong has not changed, and we look forward to the 2021 edition."
A range of events have been called off in recent months, initially due to political unrest and more recently because of the coronavirus.