Macau has tightened restrictions on people travelling from Hong Kong, saying people arriving there will now have to produce certificates issued within 24 hours to show that they are not infected with coronavirus.
The new restrictions on the neighbouring city comes on the heels of Guangdong authorities also implementing similar measures as Hong Kong continues to battle a third wave of coronavirus cases since last month.
Earlier this week, Macau said visitors from Hong Kong should provide results of a nucleic acid test that was done within the last 72 hours. But this will be further tightened with the new requirement, which will go into effect from Friday morning.
The authorities said those arriving without the new requirement may be denied entry. Those who are allowed in will be quarantined at designated locations for 14 days.
Authorities in Macau also told public transport operators that they should not provide service to anyone without such proof.
In an announcement made overnight, Guangdong officials had said from Friday 10am, anyone who enters Guangzhou via the Shenzhen Bay checkpoint or the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge must carry a test result issued in the previous 24 hours.
The certificate has to be issued by medical institutions recognised by the Hong Kong government, the announcement said.
On entry, visitors to the mainland area also have to be quarantined for 14 days.
But the statement said approved public officers and cross-border drivers are exempted from the new restriction.
Macau also tightens entry rules for HK visitors
2020-08-06 HKT 18:41
2020-09-21 HKT 01:40
2020-09-20 HKT 16:54
2020-09-20 HKT 12:23
2020-09-20 HKT 12:10
2020-09-20 HKT 09:38
2020-09-19 HKT 17:59
2020-09-19 HKT 16:30
2020-09-19 HKT 11:55
2020-09-18 HKT 19:00
2020-09-18 HKT 18:53
2020-09-18 HKT 16:54
2020-09-18 HKT 15:12
2020-09-18 HKT 15:02
2020-09-18 HKT 12:25
2020-09-18 HKT 11:50
2020-09-18 HKT 10:38