The Polytechnic University's student union is hoping to screen two documentaries – about last year's police siege – at a restaurant in Kowloon Bay, after the institution banned the screenings on campus.
Tuesday marks one year since the siege began on the Hung Hom campus, where there were violent clashes between anti-government protesters and police.
Joe Choi, a member of the student union, says the government rated the documentaries as Level 3 – for people aged 18 and above.
He said the university refused to allow the screenings, even though the union promised to check audience-goers' IDs to deny entry to minors.
"We will now try to move the venue to outside the campus and luckily we have support from local restaurants, so we will move the venue to Kowloon Bay. We have restarted the application procedure," Choi said.
He stressed that the screening would comply with social distancing rules and would be private.
The Polytechnic University siege lasted about two weeks and was among the most violent episodes in the anti-extradition movement that began in June last year.