The government on Sunday ordered customers, who had dined at three Hong Kong island restaurants over the past fortnight, to get tested for Covid-19 by Thursday, after confirming outbreaks there.
Michelin-star restaurant 8 1/2 Otto e Mezzo Bombana in Central has been affected, along with Stellar House in Wan Chai and Chuen Cheung Kui in Sheung Wan.
"The government... will publish in the gazette a compulsory testing notice, which requires any person who had been present at three specified premises during the period from November 15 to 29 to undergo a Covid-19... test by December 3," the Food and Health Bureau said in a statement.
The government made the announcement after the Centre for Health Protection reported 115 new cases of the coronavirus, the highest number in almost four months. Of the local cases, 24 were from an unknown source.
Members of the public can pick up testing packs at post offices or at out-patient clinics, or they can take a test at a community testing centre or at a private laboratory. Test results must be reported to the government by December 6.
Anyone who fails to comply, faces a fine of HK$2,000 and a compulsory testing order. A person who ignores such an order faces a HK$25,000 fine and six months' imprisonment.
The government also said it would be trying to trace people who had been to the restaurants, and would be checking compliance.
As a result of the surge in cases, the government has announced that schools will close for the rest of the year from Wednesday.
Diners must test for Covid by Thursday, says FHB
2020-11-29 HKT 23:04
2021-01-23 HKT 18:26
2021-01-23 HKT 17:30
2021-01-23 HKT 15:44
2021-01-23 HKT 12:22
2021-01-23 HKT 04:42
2021-01-22 HKT 22:10
2021-01-22 HKT 19:20
2021-01-22 HKT 18:55
2021-01-22 HKT 18:02
2021-01-22 HKT 17:21
2021-01-22 HKT 16:18
2021-01-22 HKT 13:04
2021-01-22 HKT 12:17
2021-01-22 HKT 11:08
2021-01-22 HKT 07:35
2021-01-21 HKT 20:10