The two youngest members of the group of 12 Hongkongers detained in Shenzhen since August will be handed over to police in the SAR on Wednesday morning, sources have told RTHK.
Police said they would hold a media briefing at midday at their station in Tin Shui Wai.
Prosecutors in Shenzhen, meanwhile, announced that the two Hongkongers had admitted illegally entering the mainland, but had not been charged.
The authorities said earlier that the pair would not be put on trial because they are minors, and would only face a hearing with prosecutors.
This comes as the other 10 detainees were given prison sentences on Wednesday of between seven months and three years.
The group were caught by the Guangdong coast guard on August 23 as they allegedly attempted to flee Hong Kong by speedboat to Taiwan.
Prosecutors said eight were charged with illegally entering mainland waters, while two were accused of the more serious offence of organising the crossing.
Their relatives were not able to attend the trial after being given insufficient notice to first go through the mainland's requirement of 14 days in quarantine. Diplomats from various countries were turned away from the court in Shenzhen as the hearing took place.
Last updated: 2020-12-30 HKT 11:24
'Youngest of Shenzhen detainees to come home today'
2020-12-30 HKT 10:08
2021-01-14 HKT 18:43
2021-01-13 HKT 17:09
2021-01-13 HKT 11:42
2021-01-04 HKT 13:59
2021-01-03 HKT 12:46
2021-01-01 HKT 00:36
2020-12-31 HKT 12:27
2020-12-30 HKT 16:52
2020-12-30 HKT 16:27
2020-12-30 HKT 11:59
2020-12-30 HKT 11:19
2020-12-29 HKT 23:17
2020-12-29 HKT 12:12
2020-12-29 HKT 00:46
2020-12-28 HKT 22:07
2020-12-28 HKT 19:08