RTHK has decided not to renew the contract of a journalist who incurred the wrath of pro-Beijing politicians and media during the social unrest of 2019, the broadcaster's staff union said on Monday.
Nabela Qoser will leave the station at the end of the month.
RTHK terminated Qoser's civil service contract in January, giving her a 120-day contract instead, citing an ongoing internal investigation into complaints about her reporting.
It's not clear whether the probe, which had already been completed once before being reopened, has now finished and what the findings are, if any.
Responding to inquiries, RTHK says it will not comment on individual staff cases.
It also says it handles staff issues in accordance with the established mechanism and procedures.
Qoser had enraged pro-government figures with her tough questioning of officials during the protests.
RTHK was flooded with complaints, but also many letters of praise complimenting Qoser.
She was cleared of wrongdoing, but the station reopened its investigation last October.
Last updated: 2021-05-03 HKT 21:25
RTHK gets rid of reporter Nabela Qoser
2021-05-03 HKT 19:16
2021-05-14 HKT 16:43
2021-05-14 HKT 04:10
2021-05-06 HKT 21:49
2021-05-06 HKT 18:26
2021-05-06 HKT 13:01
2021-05-05 HKT 16:11
2021-05-04 HKT 11:57
2021-05-03 HKT 18:42
2021-04-30 HKT 11:34
2021-04-28 HKT 21:57
2021-04-27 HKT 12:38
2021-04-26 HKT 17:48
2021-04-23 HKT 19:10
2021-04-23 HKT 13:37
2021-04-22 HKT 18:12
2021-04-22 HKT 15:44