Government to consult public on SAR's five-year plan - RTHK
A A A
Temperature Humidity
News Archive Can search within past 12 months

Government to consult public on SAR's five-year plan

2026-02-17 HKT 13:38
Share this story facebook
  • Acting constitutional and mainland affairs chief Clement Woo says his bureau will take the lead to coordinate efforts in devising the first five-year plan for Hong Kong. Photo: RTHK
    Acting constitutional and mainland affairs chief Clement Woo says his bureau will take the lead to coordinate efforts in devising the first five-year plan for Hong Kong. Photo: RTHK
Officials will consult the public when devising the first five-year plan for Hong Kong, the government said on Tuesday.

Chief Executive John Lee earlier vowed to build a systematic policy framework in line with the 15th Five-Year Plan, the nation's developmental roadmap for the period between 2026 and 2030.

Details of the latest plan are expected to be released during the upcoming Two Sessions meetings in Beijing.

Acting Secretary for Constitutional and Mainland Affairs Clement Woo said his bureau would "take the lead" in coordinating efforts to formulate the SAR's own plan.

"After the Two Sessions, probably in March, every bureau and department will come to the public to have a public consultation. We aim to complete the plan within this year," Woo told reporters.

Woo will be acting as the head of the bureau until a replacement is found for Erick Tsang, who stepped down last month due to health reasons.

He said he has no information on who would next head the bureau, but noted that the post of permanent secretary had recently been filled.

The government previously announced that Maggie Wong, who formerly served as the Permanent Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development, is taking up the equivalent post at the Constitutional and Mainland Affairs Bureau.



Edited by Robert Kemp

Government to consult public on SAR's five-year plan